Games without Spectators
The Paralympics, like the Olympics, are being held without spectators. Some national Paralympic teams are creating ways to cheer and celebrate with their own athletes. TV stations are filming families cheering on participating family members.
- Pray that people will watch the competitions, get involved, and encourage and cheer for the athletes on TV, the Internet, social media, etc.
- Pray that the world will give the Paralympic Games the same visibility it gives the Olympics.
- Pray that Christian athletes can be a source of encouragement to those who are feeling sad without fans and families being present to support them.
- Pray that Christian athletes, even in empty stadiums, will play for the audience of one, with their eyes fixed on Christ.
University Students and Young Adults
There are almost three million university students in Japan. University is a unique time when Japanese students are flexible in their schedule and open to new people and ideas. They are becoming adults and have hopes and anxieties about themselves and the future.
- Pray that God will open doors for Christians to build relationships with university students, many of whom have never heard the gospel. Praise God for ministries like KGK (Japan’s chapter of InterVarsity), Campus Crusade, the Navigators, and YWAM that reach out to students.
- Pray for Japanese Christian students and professors to have courage in sharing the gospel with classmates and coworkers.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead students to use the season of university life to mature in their identity in Christ. Pray they will build lifelong relationships with Christian friends and mentors.
* This is an adapted excerpt from A 20/20 Vision for Japan: Prayer for the Japanese. Used with permission. See the resource for the full text.