Pray for the Paralympics - Paralympic Opening Ceremony
Normally this would be a moment for a massive celebration for the start of the Paralympics. This opening will be quite different. Pray that the organizers will capture the right tone for the evening. There will be fewer Paralympians permitted to attend and the threat of COVID hangs over the Games.
- Despite all of this, pray that there will be a strong start to the evening and the achievements of the Paralympians to get there would be celebrated.
- Pray for God's protection on the Opening Ceremony and all those involved.
- Pray for the volunteers and staff who will be serving during the Opening Ceremony. May God give them strength, grace, and wisdom.
Pray for Japan - COVID Situation in Japan
Less than a week before the start of the Paralympics, Tokyo recorded over 5,300 new cases of COVID. Across the country, there were 20,000 new infections recorded at that time. Japan has extended its state of emergency until mid September.
- Pray for God to hold back the severity and spread of COVID across Japan. Japan has the highest percentage of elderly people of any country in the world, and one of the lowest percentages of believers. Pray for God to have mercy on millions of people who have yet to hear the gospel.
- Pray that God will give energy, wisdom, and protection to frontline medical workers and leaders as they make decisions and act for the good of the people.
- Pray for patience and grace for people in Japan, especially in Tokyo, as they persevere through another state of emergency.