Christians in Paralympic Sports
During the Olympics we watched as many Christian athletes testified about the gospel and gave glory to God for their medals. Through these athletes, the gospel message was proclaimed to millions around the world. Pray that we may see this repeated during the Paralympics.
- Pray that God will use each Christian athlete as a powerful instrument in his hands to glorify his name and spread the gospel message throughout the world.
- Pray that Christian athletes would honor and glorify the Lord in and out of competitions.
- Pray that God's truth about how these athletes are fearfully and wonderfully made will be rooted in their hearts.
- Pray that Christians will be ready to share their faith with other athletes and encourage those who are facing extra pressure and fear.
Region of Kansai
After the greater Tokyo area, the Kansai region is the most populous. It includes well-known areas like Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Nara. Two of Japan’s ancient capitals are in this region, and many significant religious-historical places have their roots there.
- Pray for the greater Osaka area, which is home to more than 20 million people. Pray for a convicting witness of Christians and churches in this megacity amidst its attractions and busyness.
- Churches may seem small or weak in comparison to the many beautiful and ancient shrines and temples in this region. But pray that people who visit churches would be convicted and moved by Jesus, the Word, and by the worship offered to him. Pray that Christians would have eager and humble hearts to invite others to church.
* This is adapted from Operation Japan, 5th edition. Used with permission. See the resource for the full text.